Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Definition of Who


Why should I define myself for you?
That will never benefit me, but will make it easier for you.
Easier for you to place my life in a category.
Categorizing me with all of your other ladies.
But baby my personal style is weaved in my own originality.
So how can I ever find you worthy of my mind and body,
when you're so busy putting me on a shelf.
No honey, this is not barbie.
You refuse to learn or appreciate me for my inner qualities.
I find you blind to the meaning of true beauty.

You will only pay attention to the outside, saying that I'm sexy labeling my body a dime.
You can stimulate my body with your tongue all night , but are you willing to stimulate my intellect with words of knowledge that will have me yearning to learn more in this lifetime.

Why should I define myself for you?
That will never benefit me, but will make it easier for you.


You strive so hard to define me, categorize me, instead of taking the time to get to know me.
How will you ever obtain anything with me?
I find that to be mundane,
a waste of both of our time.
What I am saying is more than just another rhyme,
for I seek what's real and not a lie.

Go sit in the same box you tried to use to trap me.
Either I am too hood or too classy.
So I have a suggestion for you,
go about your business and find the woman that was tailor made just for you.
Because tailoring me to fit your description just will not do.


Why should I define me for you?
That will never benefit me, but just make it easier for you.




It's so easy to get caught up in other peoples' thoughts about you. Yet, since when does the opinion of others define your personality? That is absurd!!! I have been dumped with all kinds of reactions from people when they meet me or get to know me. Honestly, all of it means nothing. My goal in life right now is to define myself. To wake up each day and embrace every single part of me inside and out!!! No I am not perfect, nor do I want to be. Yes, I will fail but that's the best way to learn. No, I'm not always sociable, and can be very awkward in social situations, but I love it!!That's me!!! I like what I like, and I don't care what people think. Yes, at times you have to go get a personal opinion, but you are still the one making the decision. You have to live with you, so work on that,lol!!! Embrace what makes you different and as an old manager use to tell me....distinctive. Muah!!!

~LadyVaness

No comments:

Post a Comment